Sunday, August 31, 2008

Why does my business succeed?

First off let me say, I am not gloating in the "successes" of my business, just the mere fact that I can survive on what I love to do is succeeding to me. I had a conversation with another photographer friend of mine the other day. I told him how I have so many weddings booked for next year already and how thankful I was for that. He asked me, "How do I do it?." I didn't know a good answer on the spot... because I don't know how I do it! The whole conversation we had got me thinking about things, how did this happen? Not only do I have great customers who trust me to capture the most important times in their lives, I have an awesome God, whom I can trust during the most important times in my life. It is because HIM that my business succeeds. He has brought each and every one of you into my life and I will forever be grateful. You guys inspire me to be a great wife and an honest person. In turn I want be an inspirational person to others. I had a thought at church today, for those of you who don't know already Isaac and I attend Oswego Alliance Church. My pastor asked us, "What is your purpose in life, how do YOU personally make a difference in this little world?"
I know without a doubt that I am here to meet the needs of people. It can be any need, big or small, photography is just a tool I was given to do so. It is not just the photographs, but the meaning, emotions, and events captured that I hope will bring a smile to your face and bring your families together. I hope your lives will be blessed when you look at my photographs and that you can remember the good times during the difficult times. I pray that each and every bride and groom have a wonderful lasting marriage, filled with honesty, love, and fun. I am here for you, photography is just a means to get to know you. I hope you can welcome me in.

Here is the Pastor Wade Smith's sermon from today titled, "Please Pass the Salt."

1 comment:

Jennifer of VanSuydam Photographers said...

I know exactly what you mean. I feel so lucky every day that I can take pictures to pay the bills and do fun things, too. I wish everyone could do what they love for a living. I think the world would be a much happier place.