Monday, August 25, 2008

Erik & Kelly's Bridal Shower

I am not quite sure if you still call it a "bridal" shower if the groom shows up? Anyone know the correct terminology? Anywho, one of my best friends from high school called me up a few months ago and told me of her plan to have me surprise her friend from college at her bridal shower. I was an actual gift, no wrapping, no bows, just me! But I gotta say what a great gift to give your favorite bride the gift of a professional photographer for your bridal shower. This was the first time every key player at the wedding were going to be together so the bridesmaids wanted to make sure that it all got captured. Kelly & Erik are getting married on Sept 27th near Cooperstown. Sadly for me I am not shooting their wedding, as they didn't know I existed until last Sunday. It was great to get to know both Kelly & Erik during the short time I was there. It was also just as nice to see my good friend Amber, who I haven't seen in quite some time.
The shower was held at Green Lakes State Park. It was a fun & relaxing bridal shower, with gorgous weather...how it should be! What a beautiful park. I really want to do some E-sessions there now. The food was provided by Dinosaur BBQ! MMM I LOVE LOVE LOVE their pulled pork and chicken. One of the perks of this job is I also get to be a food connoisseur. Thank you Amber and the girls for hiring me to capture the day. Thank you Kelly & Erik for putting up with a stranger at your bridal shower, I'm not too intimidating though! The photos are now available to view online here. Also here are some of my favorite shots from the day. I cannot wait to hear how the scrapbook turns out. Have a wonderful day! (I'm supposed to be doing Jury duty today, I wonder if they will let me go home early!)

The happy bride enjoying opening all her cool presents!


The bride and some of her bridesmaids down by the water. Doesn't it look like the Caribbean?


What a cool place. I can't wait to take engagement sessions here. Who is up for it?


I caught this candid moment as we were walking down by the water. They didn't even notice I was taking photos (At least I don't think so).


Their adorable son Jack. He sat in his chair for 5 minutes chewing on the same cheese doodle. I don't think he had warmed up to me yet! But by the end he did.


My high school friend Amber and Jack.


Most of the bridal party. Some people couldn't make the trip. Isn't this a fun photo to have? Much for relaxed then your wedding day. It is nice to have both types.


Lovely family photo. Jack stayed happy for about 30 seconds. Kids are usually fine and dandy until you tell them to sit in front of the camera, then something goes off in their head that makes them mad.


Love this shot! This was the first time Kelly & Erik had professional photos taken together. I figured this would be a nice opportunity to get some shots before the wedding so they were used to being in front of the camera. Now they can show these at the wedding.


There are so many more awesome photos so you have to check out the online photo gallery. It was great to be there with you two, have a wonderful wedding! I know it will be an amazing day.

1 comment:

Jennifer of VanSuydam Photographers said...

The last photo is so pretty! Beautiful, "poppy" colors, Jenna. Great shot. :)