Friday, August 22, 2008

This past weeks happenings

Wow- Where did this summer go. I have been so busy this week I haven't even had time to blog! Isaac and I are going away for a few days. We have yet to get up to the high peaks in the ADK's this summer so we are making it a point on our only weekend off to get away together. Before we leave I will be setting up blogs for each day. Here is whats coming up:

Today: The Welsh family portrait
Saturday: Nate & Julie's Wedding at Greystone Castle
Sunday: Andrea & Christian's wedding on Lake Ontario
Monday: Erik & Kelly's bridal shower at Green Lakes State Park
Tuesday: Holly & Kurt's E-session at Breitbeck park
Wednesday... SURPRISE

Don't forget to look back on past blogs to view recent albums, weddings, portraits, etc...

Last Wednesday I had the chance to photograph Amy & Jeff Welsh with their adorable daughter Sadie and Amy's mother Larue who was up visiting from Baltimore. It was an early morning shot so the sun was just right. Unfortunatly the grass was still wet so things got a little dirty towards the end. I have way to many favorites to post on my blog so you will have to go onto their online photo gallery to check out the rest of the photos. This was one of my favorite portrait sessions this year. There is something about this little girl Sadie. She was so great for the camera, even stopping for a minute to pose for the camera by herself. Watch out mom and dad you may have trouble on your hands. What a great chance to get 3 generations in a shot! Enjoy

I love this first shot of Sadie, mom and grandma. She wanted to stand up like a big girl, but still didn't want to let go of their hands.


I love the expression on her face. It is priceless. I think she was trying to figure out if she trusted me yet or not.


Turns out she loves having her photo taken. I love the clean background with the trees and shed. So simple yet so wonderful. Isn't the little flip of her hair so cute.


Sadie had this mini rocking chair that she loved sitting in. I always love the shots from the torso down. I don't understand why, but I do.


Finally got all 4 together. I love the driveway fading into the background.


One of my favorites from the whole session. I love how this captures the movement in her body as she ran up the driveway.


It is getting to be that time of year when portrait sessions are booking up quick. With a limited amount of slots available a week make sure you call ahead early to get your fall session booked. We hope you love the photos. Have a wonderful day!

No comments: