Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Tree-yellowpages

We have a beautiful 80' white spruce tree in our front yard. This tree has probably been here as long as our house has been here. I love how it blocks the view of the school from our side yard. However this winter our pipes backed up because of tree roots and flooded our basement. The worst part about it was that this all happened on Christmas eve and we had to call a plumber to come in and fix it. We had our alderman put a letter into the DPW to have the tree taken down since it's roots are killing our plumbing. Today is D-day for that tree. The DPW rang my doorbell at 7:30 this morning to let me know they were going to working almost all day at getting the tree down. It is bittersweet, but for the sake of my pipes I cannot wait for it to be gone. Needless to say I think I am going to be out my office almost all day because I will not be able to get any work down with a chainsaw 30 ft from my office. I ran out, barefoot and all, early this morning to take some photos of the before... so here goes:


The view from my backyard looking towards the school on W 5th, nice a private now, not later!


The tree! Our house is 35ish fee tall, the tree is so much taller! See the one behind the house. We are cutting that one down also, it is in the middle of our yard and is getting into our mainline for the sewer.


so sad to see it go!

On a totally different note, we got our phone book for Oswego County this week and we are in the photographers section. We decided to try it out. All of our weddings so far come from word of mouth or finding us on the internet, but a lot of people don't know that we also shoot portraits. I don't know if I will do the yellow pages again since I haven't heard much positive response, but they gave me a deal that was too good to pass up.

No comments: