Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Hello all. I hope you have been enjoying the nice weather if you live up here in upstate NY. We have been busy meeting with prospective brides for the 2009 wedding season. We already have a few lined up so give us a call. We have been outdoors working on our yard since the ground is no longer frozen. We bought our house in October and by the time we moved in in Dec. we couldnt do much to the outside. Isaac has next week off because of Spring Break at APW High School, so we are planning on spending most of the week working on our backyard. I cannot wait to have BBQ's and croquet matches. That is what summer is about. Here are some random photos I took this week:

This was the view from our upstairs windows last night as the sun was setting. If I wasn't in the middle of cooking dinner I would've raced down to the lake to take photos. I love Oswego's sunsets. How beautiful.


This is a VERY random photo that I took of Isaac while we were in Saratoga Springs at a used book store. Isaac loves books obviously because he is an English teacher. He found this bust in the back room and he wanted to buy it. I told him I will keep it on the list of possibilities for his birthday present. But I don't want that in my house so the likelihood of me getting it is slim to none. Sorry hun.


This is the view of our meeting space looking towards the front of the house. We have these awesome couches. We just painted the walls last weekend. They were a drab offwhite, now they fit the style of the house better!

Just another view of the room after we painted it. I love all the glass doors in our house!


This is the first BBQ of the year. Isaac LOVES grilling and he was so pumped to grill at our new house. I bought this as a B-day present for him when we were first married. His goal while he is on break is to hook it up to our natural gas line. How cool! No more propane!


Isaac had so much fun grilling the other night that he decided to grill again. I have been making all our meals for the week on the weekend and then freezing them. This one was marinated beef tips that I put on a skewer with peppers, onions, and tomatoes. MMMMM.


The previous owners of the house did not do a very good job at landscaping. They tried really hard, possibly to hard. We have so many random rocks and patio pavers in our backyard. We also had a mini picket fence that ran through the middle of our side yard. This is Isaac trying to dig the post out. Next week our goal is to get the side yard totally demo'd. We are going to start from scratch. Starting with a rototiller. I am thinking that our meetings this summer will have to include the grill and this backyard. How relaxing.

Thats all of the little sneak peak into our life. If you are having a hard time getting in touch with me next week don't worry. I will be around town and around the house. I will try to return phone calls and emails atleast once a day.

No comments: