Monday, March 09, 2009

Random Monday's

Random Monday:

- We are leaving in exactly 1 month for our short term missions trip to Granada, Spain. Follow our journey as we travel here.

- I know 15 people in my sphere of life that are pregnant right now. That makes almost more pregnant ladies than not in my life! My sister-in-law Tess is due towards the end of March, but the doctor said she can go any day now. I CANNOT WAIT to take photos of the little girl! Congrats to all my friends and the blessing God has given you!

- My mom will be coming back from a month in Mexico, where she lived with a Mexican family to learn Spanish fluently. Hopefully she can teach me before I leave for Spain.

- I have my very first Boudoir photo session this Saturday. It'll be awesome!

- We have many calls for 2010 & 2011 weddings but are waiting to book any until we figure out our schedule for next summer. Oh how I hate having to plan my life 1-2 years in advance... but I love love love wedding photography, so it is a nice trade off

- I finally stopped being lazy and submitted a photograph into the 2009 "Lakeside-Statewide Juried Art Show". I was happy to hear that they selected my photograph "Bones" to be a part of the art show. The opening is this Saturday from 7-9pm at the Oswego Civic Arts Center, in Oswego,NY. Here is the digital copy of the photo. I will make sure to take photos while I am at the opening.

Some of you may remember seeing this photo during my missions trip to Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. On our last day in DR we went to an open air market. I was wondering around the streets taking photos of all the produce, spices, and crafts, when I stumped upon some skulls in the middle of fruit. Oh the things you see in foreign countries!


Random photo of my nephew Michael during our 10th annual Men's raquetball tournament sponosered by Oswego Alliance Church. Isaac ended up coming in 2nd place in his bracket! You're a keeper


I am so bad at taking photos when I am a guest at an event. I usually just want to enjoy myself, but I decided to take a few shots at Tess's baby shower this past weekend. This one is of my pastors wife, Wendy Smith, speaking words of encouragement to Tess.


Isaac and I have been busy doing some things to our house. Once wedding season comes we have no time for anything, so we try to get as much work done during the winter and early spring. This past week our task was to redo our upstairs bathoom. I won't even show you what it looked like before, because it is embaressing, but I will show you what Isaac and I came up with.










I found this really awesome waffle/linen shower curtain at Walmart. it reminds me of something you would see in a spa.


The last thing we have to do is tile the bathroom floor. We picked out some pretty sweet 6x6inch tiles that are natural. It's gonna look awesome!

Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

A's TEAM said...

I like the blue on the walls- it seems more tranquil and spa like!