Wednesday, March 12, 2008

VEGAS then New things coming!

First off I want to let everyone know that we will be out of the office starting at 4pm on Friday the 14th until Friday the 21st. We will be photographing Jen & Todd's wedding at Lakeshore Country Club this Saturday and then bright and early on Sunday morning I (Jenna) will be heading off for LAS VEGAS! I am going for WPPI's annual photography conference. I will be in workshops, meetings, and photo shoots all week with other professional photographers from all over the world. I cannot wait to buy new equipment at the trade show and to meet famous photographers. I am going with Meghan Thomas of Meghan Thomas Photography located out of Phoenix. I know my hotel does not have free internet so I am not quite sure how often I will be able to check emails, but I will try my hardest to check once a day. After I get back I will have so many great ideas so if you want to schedule a portrait with us, after I get back will be a great time!

For the past week I have been swamped with paperwork. We are finally going through the process to get a loan to renovate our garage on our property to a meeting, studio, and office space. We are so excited about the change. I cannot wait to buy our comfy couches for our meeting space and buy all the fun equipment needed for the shooting space. Once we are done we will be able to accommodate up to 15 people in our studio. This is a great opportunity, as we will soon be able to offer portraits all year round! We will keep you updated on the progress of the renovations. We will be hosting a formal open house once everything is up and running. Probably in mid-May or early June.

Also I am in the process of setting up a brand spanking new website. We will be launching the website hopefully by mid-April. It will feature many galleries with slide shows, a calendar so you can all know when we are available, info on everything you could ever think of, and a brand new online proofing page. We have been in need of a new website for over a year now and we are finally finding the time to get the new one up. So keep on the lookout for that change.

So for right now thats all I'm doing. I will be very busy the next few weeks trying to get this loan and redoing our website.

Here are some images I took during the summer at a weeklong photography workshop. My class was on lifestyle portraiture which includes using natural light and the environment to take portraits:

















No comments: